Hengchun, Taiwan - Ohanaware Co., Ltd. Announce the immediate release of App Wrapper 4.0, a massive overhaul and re-write of their popular premium post-build process for macOS. This landmark release features a UI redesign to improvement clarity and discoverability, while at the same a complete rewrite of the processing engine to make it fast enough to be used for debugging with minimal impact.
Since 2011 Ohanaware have been developing their premium post-build processor, aiding developers to process their applications for Apple's App Store and Apple's Notarization process. Version 4.0 is the fourth re-write of the product, taking everything that Ohanaware have learned in the last 9 years and re-employing that knowledge to create a modern, more assistive, more discoverable, more capable and importantly, more expandable product for todays post-build requirements. Major New Features in App Wrapper 4.0 include:
* Designed for macOS Big Sur: With a finely tuned engine to be used when debugging apps, performing nearly all the same tasks as a build, but in the quickest time possible, adding minimal impact to App Wrapper's customers workflows.
* Handsome Interface: Working with Tim Parnell from Strawberry Software, the interface was crafted to save time by improving accessibility, grouping things logically, and attempting to make the most needed options as available and clear as we could.
* Direct and built-in plist editor: Now more precise and custom edit to the Info.plist or Entitlements can be made directly in App Wrapper, saving time and easing the workflow.
* Dynamic Text: Replaces special constants in fields, plists and entitlements, using information from the application, signing certificate and more.
* SF Symbols Support: A built-in rasterizer (on macOS Big Sur) which can convert SF Symbols into a multi-representation TIFF images, allowing SF Symbols to be used on older versions of the macOS.
* DropDMG support: App Wrapper 4 now works with C-Command's DropDMG as well as Araelium's DMG Canvas.
* Submit Mac Apps directly to the App Store: With App Wrapper 4, App Store Submission is now as easy as a checkbox in the Packing Page.
Major Improvements over App Wrapper 3:
* Improved Performance: The fastest we've clocked App Wrapper processing itself was 300 ms (0.3 seconds), which includes analyzing the application, modifying it and doing a complete code sign of all the nested executables in order.
* New Icon Editor: Allows icons to be created from a single image (using templates) or from multiple different sized images. App Wrapper 4 now uses ICNSmini in its icon editor to compress ICNS files down to 1/3rd of their size.
* Unified Progress: Wrapping, Archiving and Apple Submission is all done in one single window, making it easy to see exactly what's going on and where.
* Checking engine: Redesigned to cover more ground and to provide clearer information when a problem is discovered.
* Identity Selector: Reimagined many times over to provide a clear overview of the certificates and their status.
* Xojo Integration: Overhauled scripting system allows for Xojo scripts to be directly copy/pasted into the Xojo IDE and for options to be configured from the Xojo IDE.
App Wrapper 4 was built with Xojo 2020r1.2 in conjunction with the Ohanaware App Kit, and wrapped with App Wrapper 4.
* macOS 10.13.6 High Sierra, macOS 10.14 Mojave, macOS 10.15 Catalina or macOS 11.0 Big Sur
* 8GB of RAM
* 50MB of disk space
* Xcode 10 or newer
Pricing and Availability:
App Wrapper 4 is available right now from the Ohanaware Website. App Wrapper 4 offers a no-obligation 14 Day trial. The RRP of App Wrapper 4 is $49.99 (USD) for a single user 1-Year Update Plan. Customers with a valid Update Plan can upgrade to App Wrapper 4 with no additional cost. Customers with expired Update Plans can extend their plans for $39.99 (USD). Ohanaware currently uses FastSpring as handle payments on the Ohanaware website.
App Wrapper 4
Download App Wrapper
Purchase App Wrapper
High Resolution Icon (1024px)
Since 2006, Joy Sha & Sam Rowlands have been building top ten, award winning apps. Their most notable applications include Funtastic Photos, which set the benchmark for modern photo editing. HDRtist & HDRtist Pro which has over 100,000 users world wide. App Wrapper, which is the #1 third party product to help developers prepare their apps for the App Store. All Material and Software (C) Copyright 2006-2020 Ohanaware Co., Ltd. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, Mac OS X and Macintosh are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries. Other trademarks and registered trademarks may be the property of their respective owners.