London, United Kingdom - Ben Software today announced the release of SecuritySpy 5.1, an update to the premier multi-camera video surveillance software for the Mac. With smart motion detection powered by Artificial Intelligence, flexible recording features, remote monitoring, and an intuitive user interface, SecuritySpy is ideal for all CCTV applications, from home to professional use. Version 5.1 adds many new features and improvements, including macOS 10.15 Catalina support, Metal-accelerated video display, and web-based Mac screen control.
"This update represents our ongoing commitment to maintain top-quality NVR software and respond to our customers' feedback" said Ben Bird, the developer of SecuritySpy. "We are excited to deliver a host of improvements that make SecuritySpy even more powerful."
SecuritySpy supports virtually all network cameras on the market, including the popular Axis, Cisco, Dahua Technology, Canon, Amcrest, Hikvision, Vivotek and Zavio ranges. SecuritySpy features advanced AI-powered motion detection, which can be used to trigger recordings as well as email alerts, audio alarms, iOS push notifications and external devices. The built-in secure web server allows remote monitoring of live streams and captured footage from over the Internet, using a web browser or an iPhone, iPad or Apple TV.
The full list of improvements in version 5.1 are as follows:
* Notarized for full compatibility with macOS 10.15 Catalina
* Video display using Apple's Metal framework for improved efficiency and performance
* Mac Screen Control via the web interface
* Improved Browser export functionality
* Support for recording in ProRes 422 HQ video format
* New Action to wake screen and dismiss screensaver on motion trigger
* More information passed to AppleScripts actions
* Fixed problems with automatic file deletion
* Fixed problems with window positions not being remembered
* Fixed problems obtaining "Let's Encrypt" SSL certificates
* Other bug fixes
The main features of SecuritySpy are as follows:
* Supports all major brands of IP camera as well as ONVIF-compatible cameras
* Carefully designed user interface and automatic camera detection for easy setup
* AI-powered smart motion and object detection for accurate triggering of recording
* Efficient software design allows one Mac to handle high numbers of cameras
* Built-in secure web server for remote monitoring and administration
* Automatic DDNS, port forwarding and SSL/TLS certificate generation for easy web setup
* Flexible scheduling options for recording at particular times of the day or week
* Browser feature for synchronised multi-camera playback of captured footage
* Supports all industry-standard media formats (H.265, H.264, MPEG-4, JPEG, AAC)
* Hardware-accelerated video compression and decompression for low CPU usage
* Companion iOS and tvOS apps for viewing on iPhone, iPad or Apple TV
* Notifications including alarms, emails, scripts and iOS Push Notifications
* Pan/Tilt/Zoom (PTZ) support using virtual joystick
* Secure off-site backup of captured footage
* Integration with home automated systems such as Indigo and Control4
* Supports non-IP cameras such as built-in cameras, USB webcams and Blackmagic devices
Pricing is in British Pounds, Euros or US Dollars and depends on the number of cameras used, ranging from GBP 29.90 (approx. USD $40) for a single-camera license, to GBP 649.00 (approx. USD $890) for an unlimited-camera license. SecuritySpy 5.1 requires macOS 10.13 High Sierra or later. SecuritySpy can be tested for 30 days before purchase, with no demo limitations.
Ben Software Ltd is an independent software development house focused on providing high-quality video-related software for the Mac platform. Copyright (C) 2019 Ben Software. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, Mac OS X, and Macintosh are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.