Lyndeborough, New Hampshire - Independent developer, Pirate's Moon today is proud to announce the release and immediate availability of MyArtTools 2.7, an important update to their popular drawing app. The app is precision-optimized for any iPad that supports the Apple Pencil. MyArtTools is the digital creative equivalent of an artist's painting canvas or drawing pad.
MyArtTools is created to be user-friendly and versatile for any skill level from the novice to the professional. All ages can use it for plain-old-fun, fast conceptual sketches or fully finished serious artistic work. Creativity starts with an idea. When inspiration strikes, this app provides fast easy access to creative sketching tools.
Using MyArtTools can be as simple as opening the app, choosing a drawing tool and beginning to draw. As an easy-to-use application with extensive help files built into the program, MyArtTools is the creative onscreen equivalent of a drawing pad or painting on canvas. From realistic to abstract, finger painting to complex drawing, MyArtTools is developed to emulate real-life artistic media including pastel, brush, pencil, pen, conte, and other artistic mediums. The tools respond perfectly to the precision of the Apple Pencil/iPad combination. Using MyArtTools, users can create beautiful sketches and paintings anywhere. Works-in-progress can be saved and reopened. Finished works can be sent out as high resolution files to iCloud and other storage options. Finished works can also be shared with clients, co-workers, friends and family via email, messaging or directly with any of the popular social sharing networks.
Users can create their drawings from scratch, or they can import images or capture live images using the iPad's camera. Take live camera images or import photos directly where they can be modified or used as templates.
To see examples of what can be accomplished using MyArtTools and the Apple Pencil, visit the Art Fusion blog ( link is below: http://mats.piratesmoon.com/af/index.php) which has over forty example images created during field-testing for this release version.
MyArtTools supports multiple composition layers, with each tool creating its own layer. Clipping paths can be used to shape and extract images from one layer to a new layer. Layers can be combined into complex drawings. Use the included filters to modify any bitmap image layer. The tool properties panel can be used to adjust the various tool layer controls. Users can create, save and reuse gradients. Works-in-progress can be saved as layered files. Finished works can be saved as high resolution PNG files to iCloud, the Files app, Dropbox, and other storage options. Finished works can also be shared via email, messaging or any of the popular social networks.
* Optimized for any iPad that supports the Apple Pencil
* Emulates real-life artistic media
* Intuitive interface
* Multiple layers for precise composition control
* Captures images from the iPad cameras
* Imports images from the iPad Photos Library
* Crop and share creations with all your social networking accounts
* Save high resolution PNG images to iCloud, the Files app, DropBox, etc.
* Within the app, save layered files of works-in-progress
* Reopen saved layered files
* Use clipping paths to extract images from layers
* Combine layers into one image
* Extensive help files
* Help files are localized for English, Spanish, Russian, and Chinese
* Fully supports retina screens
* Privacy: MyArtTools collects no information from the user. Zero.
The app is powered by both a 64-bit drawing engine and a vector drawing engine. Each mode offers a wide-ranging set of tools and features.
* Highly responsive 64bit drawing engine
* Exceptional 64-bit color
* 12 Tools emulating real-life artistic media
* Each tool is a separate layer
* Adjustable layer hierarchy
* Adjustable properties for each tool
* Over 30 GPU accelerated artistic filters
* Save and reopen working files
* Multiple color palettes (fixed or custom)
* Eyedropper color selection
* Convert images to drawing tools
* 64bit vector drawing engine
* Pre-defined and custom shape creation
* Vector clipping paths
* Vector based text tool
* Save and reopen custom gradients
What's New in 2.7:
* Conversion to swift 5
* Filters migrated to Apple's Metal technology
* Optimizations for the Brush, Splatter Spots, and Paint Bucket
* Eye Dropper modifies the color picker to improve color precision
* Bezier Line tool supports creating vertical and horizontal lines
* New Drop Shadow filter adds drop shadows to bitmap image layers
* Image import has been reorganized for image placement using either:
1. the iPad screen resolution which maintains image DPI across different screen resolutions
2. or the iPad screen dimensions which adjusts an image to fit the screen width height dimensions
(See the help files for an explanation of this process)
* Clipping paths support feathering the clipped image's edges
* Help files are updated for all supported language localizations
* Any Model iPad that supports the Apple Pencil
* Requires iOS 13.0 or later
* 43.5 MB
Pricing and Availability:
MyArtTools 2.7 is only $4.99 USD (or an equivalent amount in other currencies) and is available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Entertainment category. Potential buyers of the app should note that MyArtTools is precision-optimized for any iPad that supports the Apple Pencil. Review copies are available upon request to members of the press.
Purchase and Download
Example Art Work at the Art Fusion Blog
Pirate's Moon, Inc., of Lyndeborough, NH, was founded in 1986 to provide interactive multimedia development services. Pirate's Moon, Inc. has provided services for many types of companies including: Public Relations, Medical Tutorial, Educational, Enterprise, and Small Business. The company's media services have developed and changed as the Internet has replaced Floppy and CD development and as Mobile apps have replaced Internet use. Their current primary thrusts are developing iOS applications both internally and externally. All Material and Software (C) Copyright 2019 Pirate's Moon, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries. Other trademarks and registered trademarks may be the property of their respective owners.